Monday, May 12, 2014

New Pick Up

Good morning from Chiang Rai~

Last week we were able to accomplish one of our recently set goals by getting a pick up for the home so the children could be transported to and from school, church, outings and going to the market. With the help of Pastor Prathuan at Bethany Children's Home, we were able to find an eight year old Mazda Freedom Cab in very good shape. A Freedom cab has the second set of doors that swing outward so the kids can climb behind the driver and passenger if they need to. Big accompanied me to see the pick up and he was very meticulous when looking it over. He wanted to make sure it was money well spent and that we didn't get ripped off. It had a couple of minor issues but he got the sellers guarantee that the issues would be fixed at no cost to us and then he approved the purchase.

We picked it up from the shop on Thursday, May 8th and before we took it, Big took it out for a drive to make sure the issues he wanted to have corrected were done properly. All was well so we took it home. After we arrived home, the entire family along with our friends went outside and blessed the truck. The prayers were for safe travels and safety for everyone who ever rode in it and a long life of service for the pick up. Prayers were offered by both Big and our friend, Jermsak.


















The following day, Big called and asked if he could take the kids to a waterfall. Of course the answer was yes. I thought it was cute that he called and asked me. They all loaded into the truck and off they went. Big took lots of pictures and when they came home, he showed them to me. Unfortunately, his camera card is way too big for my computer and I don't have the adaptor so I don't have any pictures. I am going to see if I can find the adaptor for his card. After the waterfall, they came to get the washing machine from the apartment and moved it over to the new house. I joined them for dinner and noticed some nice additions to the front yard when I arrived. Big brought several plants from his old home and added them to the front yard. He is working hard at making a home for everyone. They have even started a small vegetable garden out by the kitchen in the back.

Plants along the front balcony

Showing smaller plants along the front wall
















On Monday, May 12th, Big took the pick up to the shop and got it measured for the cover. The cover is necessary for transporting the children in the rainy season. It will have a window in the front over the cab for ventilation along with side windows. There will be seats inside that I believe will fold up so he can load larger items inside. It will be done at the end of May so watch for pictures of that. Later in the afternoon on the 12th I took the kids to the community pool and what fun they had. Pictures of that will be in the next blog. They have today and Wednesday to be free and then it is back to school until October.

With each passing day, I feel more and more blessed with the choice we made in hiring Big and his family. I visit daily and the children are all happy. The boys go fishing with Big, the girls help take care of Yim and Fon paints their nails. Big is the "master" chef and Fon and the girls delight in helping him.

The most enduring thing is that the entire group now calls me Mom. In this journey I went from being mom to to Vannessa and my five nieces and nephews to being a mom for nine additional people. How much more could one ever ask for?

Till next time.....

God Bless,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! We'll await more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of which--I changed mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it safe for the children to ride in the back of the pickup? I don't know what the traffic is like there,but it seems a little scary to me. Thank you for including me in the blog, I love staying connected to you.

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...