Monday, December 9, 2013

Family fun

This past Saturday we were treated to a wonderful trip to celebrate Max's last full weekend with us here at Promise Home. We went to Boon Rawd Farms at Singha Park, then to the Khun Korn Waterfall, and finally the Pha Soet Hot Springs where we stayed the night.

Boon Rawd Farms is a huge farm that has a tea plantation, fruit trees, vegetables, herbs, and flowers. It is simply a lovely place to go and see the stunning country side of Northern Thailand.



King of the hill





Variation of a Bird of Paradise


The whole gang 

The girls 



















Great photo


The waterfall is located in the Lam Nam Kok National Park outside of Chiang Rai. You climb 1400 M. to get to the falls and some of the walk is quite steep, but it is a magnificent waterfall so well worth the hike. I was asked by one of the girls if I was going up and I asked if it was far. She said yes, and then I asked her if she was going. She said no, so I decided I would stay with her. Next thing I know, she and I along with Mauruethai and Da were making the trek up the hill. We all stayed together and helped each other along. They had distance signs and they all started pointing them out to me, but I told them I wasn't going to look at them since I would then know how far I still had to go. The walk was beautiful and the reward at the end, great!


Starting out 

Playful 



The girls and Max

The girls at the waterfall 


And then we camped along the banks of the Mae Kok river… The kids went swimming after all of the tents were set up and then we had the bar-b-que with sticky rice made in bamboo sticks. After dinner we sat around the campfire and listened to the guitar and the kids sang for us. It was a clear evening without a cloud in the sky- Perfect night to gaze at the millions of stars overhead.




Trying out the tent 

Our campsite 



Everyone in the pool 

Enjoying a swim 

Some of the food we will enjoy 

Our campsite 

Temple along the river 

The Mae Kok at sunset 


Cooking the food and filling the bamboo sticks for the sticky rice

Coking the fish and the sticky rice

































Hope you enjoyed our trip. I know I did.

Until next time…

God Bless,

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Birds of paradise is my favorite flower. I love that version of it.

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...