Monday, June 30, 2014

Pure Joy

Remember when you got your first, brand new bicycle? Can you recall the feeling of joy and excitement riding it around, feeling the wind on your face? Close your eyes and see the four children at Promise Home who have never had a bicycle, much less a new one. Can you see their faces filled with joy and happiness now that they each have one?

We took the kids shopping on Saturday for their brand new bikes and while it was a little overwhelming with all the choices they had, eventually they all found the perfect one for them, got them purchased and off we went. Got them home and each of them took off riding them around the neighborhood until dinner time. There was so much excitement that day.

Rules have been set and all of the children will be expected to follow them. Homework must be done, their things must be picked up and they must pay attention and work while in school. Following the rules last night, Ahmorntep immediately did his homework and then went to ride his bike. After dinner, he asked if he could go out, was told yes and away he ran.

The kids with their new bikes! 


Yim fits in the basket of Nittaya's bike 


Yim loves sitting in the basket


Palita- I tried this one and thought I was gonna kill myself. You should have seen the two boys laughing at me when I was riding it with my knees at my shoulders.

















Nittaya- She let me ride it for a while last night. It is a very nice bike. I will have to find one like this when I get home.

















Tin- After I rode Nittaya's last night, Tin had me try his. Even worse than Palita's because my knees were at my ears. Tin generously followed behind to help me along (by pushing of course)

















Ahmorntep- He is a wild child on his bike. He roars up and down the street at breakneck speed and will often lean to one side or the other so one training wheel is off the ground. He careens around corners and looks like he is going to tip over at any minute. He is certainly enjoying every minute of his bike even after experiencing the pain of a boys bike, twice now. Hard not to smile when you see him standing there holding his privates and you know exactly what happened, especially the second time. I don' t mean to laugh at his pain but his face was priceless.

















Nom- Her gift from Mom. Her bike is like Palita's and after trying that one, I declined the offer to ride Nom's.

















Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who donated money to purchase these bicycles for the four kids at Promise Home. Nom's new bike is a present from Mom. Each one of the children thanked me many times and I received the best hugs and kisses. I only wish I could share those with all of you. I pray you know that your generosity provided a wonderful gift to these children who have had so little in their lives. Know that you gave them something very special and for that, I am very grateful.

Enjoy the pictures!

Till next time...

God Bless,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. You can just tell that Ahmorntep is having waaaaaayyyyyy too much fun with this bike.

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...