Sunday, June 15, 2014

Visitors

My nieces, Bryn and Abby arrived safely and we spent the last two weeks exploring the area around Chiang Rai and spending time with the kids. It is heartwarming to see how quickly the children connect with people who come to spend time with them and how the visitors soon become part of the family.

Even though the girls and I did a lot of touring, we spent several evenings with the kids. We would go to eat dinner and then either played with them or helped them with some of their lessons. We attended church and spent Sunday afternoon playing games. My nieces wanted to take the children swimming but three of them were feeling a little under the weather and it was raining. We are officially in the rainy season here in Chiang Rai. Some days it will rain off and on all day while it will rain one or twice on other days. Yesterday it sprinkled a little a couple of times during the day and today it has been raining off and on all morning. The rain comes down pretty hard at times. I don't mind it so much because it has helped cool the temperatures considerably. Most of the time now, I am not sweating to death from the moment I awake to the end of the day. However, if the sun comes out after a shower, the humidity is sometimes unbearable.

Please enjoy some of the many pictures we took while the girls were here for a visit.

Till next time.....

God Bless,
Heather



































3 comments:

  1. Good pictures Heather. Is that in the vicinity where you live? What city do you live in or near. I know you moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweety is looking like an old hand on the neck of that elephant! Give both the girls a shout from Wingnut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! It looks like you girls got in a bit of everything! Good for you. Love the monkey pic. I want a pet monkey so if you would not mind bringing one over I'd be thrilled. :-)

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...