Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Home

Well.... I went shopping again this morning for more furniture and found a great store. We were the first ones there as I believe it just opened and we had free reign of the place. The young lady assisting us was very helpful and attentive. We went there to find a table and 8 chairs for all of us to sit at. Up until today, Max and I sat at the small table while the children ate on the floor. I ate on the floor for several meals and I must say, it was quite uncomfortable and then it took me forever to get back up. I find I am too out of shape to get up and down off the floor. Besides, I climb two sets of 12 stairs every single day when I go to my room. I may do this once a day or several times a time.

I was looking at some tables when the young lady pointed me to some very nice wooden tables with tile inlays- I could not believe my eyes and ears when she told me the price of the beautiful table. It was 4200 THB or approximately $134.00 USD. It is quite the bargain. After getting the table, we went to look at sofas. The store had a large selection and I soon came upon ones that converted into beds. We found two very nice ones. One is a blue fabric and it is now upstairs with the new television and DVD player and the other is a brown pleather and it is downstairs in the main level of the house. Both were great bargains as well. We sat on several sofas until we found the ones that we felt were the most comfortable. Anything would have been more comfortable than sitting on the floor. I sat on the floor a lot yesterday and my back made me pay for it.



The children on the new sofa downstairs


Look how hard he is working!!! 
After the sofa's we found a nice TV stand and a larger storage food cabinet for all of the additional items we have here at the home. I even found a nice cabinet for my room that matches the wardrobe that I have in there. We walked out with most all of the larger items that were on my list for the day.

We went to another store down the road and found the perfect television and since it was under the amount we had donated, I bought a DVD player. I am certain the individual who donated the money for the television won't mind. We also found a water dispenser so we could get rid of the large plastic bottles that were refilled on a regular basis. Instead we will use the pitcher and fill it for the dinner table. Much more sanitary and clean that way.



Both stores delivered the items later today. I must say the reception for the sofa, tables and chairs was much less enthusiastic than for the water dispenser and TV. Again the boys hugged me and they are now in the habit of giving me kisses on the check so I was the glad recipient of several ardent kisses. Once again, thank you to all that donated for the home and I hope I have been able to adequately convey the joy and happiness that I observed today. We all ate lunch at the table like a real family. It was a most pleasurable experience.

The second level 

Downstairs 

"Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls." Mother Teresa

Till next time...

God Bless,
Heather


7 comments:

  1. How fun!! I want to go shopping!! You did an amazing job finding such bargains! I notice there was no wine purchased?? Perhaps I should make wine donations..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! The house is becoming a home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your "oof-iness" about sitting on the floor, and getting up from it is a major effort for me too! The table and chairs look very nice indeed - and practical with the tiled top. And what a price! Here, just one of those chairs would cost at least that!
    Loving to hear from you, complete with photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoppin it up! That's got to be an 'A' day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good; glad we found your new virtual home as well!

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...