Saturday, October 19, 2013

Visit with Friends- October 13-14, 2013

A week ago Sunday, a group of 8 friends and supporters arrived for a visit to Chiang Rai and Promise Home. One of those visitors was my daughter, Vannessa. What a joy it was to spend some time with her and have her meet the kids and Manrutai.

The group arrived Sunday evening and all of us, the children, Manrutai, Jermsak and his family, Max and me met them at the airport. When Vannessa saw me, she came running out to meet me with a hug that was one of the best I have ever had. I was so excited to see her. Earlier in the day, Manrutai, Da and the girls worked very hard on finishing their surprises and the flower arrangements they made for travelers. The surprises were handmade felt glasses, cell phone cases and small coin purses.


















All of the flowers and presents were designed by Manrutai. She did a wonderful job. Once all the luggage was packed into the back of the truck, the larger group went to their hotel, Vannessa, the children and I went back to Promise Home to start the dinner we were going to have. Even though it was late and the children hadn't eaten, they were very well behaved. Once the other group arrived, we had a wonderful dinner for all. It was a long day but a very special and wonderful one.

On Monday all of the group came to the house and we met the children. The children and Jermsak sang two songs for the group and Jermsak described them as songs of thanks and gratitude for giving them a chance to live in the home and a chance at a better life. He wanted me to change it to our "lovely" English but I left it as it was because even in Jermsak's English, the meaning is very clear.

Here is one of the songs:


1.     From yesterday until today, we will always remember your mercy to give us this house.
Brought us together to be harmony in this house.
No meter where we were, no where else we would feel warm as in this home of yours.
You’v brought us in to your home as we were hopeless and lost our way.

For we know that your love to us is last for long time and never change. 
We promise, from now on we will give you all our heart and body to be your servants.
To be deserve to your love for us all.

After the songs, the members of the group introduced themselves and gave the presents they brought for the children. Judy had t-shirts for all of us with the children around the globe and the Charities Within Reach logo on them. There was one for each of the travelers, the children, Max, Manrutai and me. 

Everyone wore their t-shirts that day.  After the gifts, we looked at the house to determine what work needed to be and could be done. They determined they would clean out the left over concrete from the old noodle stand, wash and paint the walls, fill in holes, and install a water heater for my bathroom. After lunch, we all went shopping and found the bunk beds, mattresses, and sheets for the children and ordered some other things. 



It was a busy and productive day. After all of the shopping, we went to have Khoa Soi for dinner at Baan Nattawadee. It was cooked by our dear friend Fong who is a marvelous cook. They was chili, kimchee and lemon to put on it before eating. When I put all of the items on my dish, Fong told me I was Thai now. It was a marvelous meal. After dinner, we went to have the first of many foot massages. Day one was complete and we had to get home for an early departure for day 2.

Until next time....

God Bless,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Jermsak's song lyrics are just beautiful the way they are! They brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad you haven't edited them. It sounds like a wonderful start to a much blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    It warmed my heart to know that Nessa was there to visit. Nothing better than the love between a mother and daughter. I loved seeing the children happy on the bunk beds as having the necessities is always a big plus. Then the day to day living becomes a joy. I love reading the blogs and send you much love from across the world.

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...