Sunday, July 23, 2017

Peace Meal Dinner and Jermsak's birthday



WOW!!! All I can is WOW. We had such a tremendous turn out last night at the Peace Meal Dinner. The number of attendees far surpassed my greatest expectations and we had so much wonderful and delicious food.

On arrival, everyone gathered for drinks and conversation and dinner was started shortly afterwards. About 45 minutes later, we all gathered outside under the hug tent that was set up where I gave a brief update on Promise Home and the children. That was followed by the introduction of Jermsak, Da and Care. Since it was Jermsak's birthday, we celebrated with a huge cake and singing Happy Birthday to him. He followed that with a short speech and then he introduced his daughter Care who gave a speech of her own. She commented that her English was not very good, but I would have to disagree with her. I think she did a wonderful job with her speech and her English.





In addition to giving our friends and family the opportunity to meet Jermsak, Da and Care the evening was also about raising funds to continue our work at Promise Home. We showed a short video that Big made just for the evening and I will share that with you here.



The evening was a tremendous success and I cannot thank all of those who donated so generously to the project. I am humbled by your giving spirit and your overwhelming generosity. We raised enough money to support Promise Home for another six months. Thank you so very much.






























































I hope you enjoy the pictures from the evening and as always, thank you for following along.

Till next time.....

God Bless,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...