Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Wishes

Today is December 23, 2103 and there are just 8 more days left in a year that had tremendous changes and new beginnings in it for me. As I look back on the year, I am amazed at all the changes in my life. It is hard to think that 2013 is almost over and that 2014 will begin in just a few, short days. It will probably pass as quickly at 2013 did.

I look back at all that happened in 2013 with awe, amazement and trepidation. While I have settled in to a nice routine, there is still the occasional pull on my heart and in my soul for home and I deal with that on a case by case basis when the feelings arrive. It simply amazes me that my life is so much different than it was three months ago. Three months ago… That is another thing that is hard to believe. I have been here for three months. Once again, some days it feels like a lifetime ago while other days it feels like just yesterday.

We will celebrate Christmas here at Promise Home tomorrow evening with dinner, songs and presents. After that, the children will go to their villages to stay with family for a few days and I will head off the Bangkok to deal with Visa business. I will try my very best to stay completely away from the anti-government protests there and simply go about doing my business. I will only need to stay overnight and will return to Chiang Rai on Friday. A friend here is moving so I will go to her house to stay while the others here are gone and while I am there, I will be helping her pack and move. Thank goodness for friends who will help keep me occupied.

In four short months, a group of friends from Colorado will be coming for a 10 day visit which means I will get to see Vannessa as well. Then, there will be three college aged girls who are planning to come at the end of May and stay until the end of July. In June, I am also hoping to see two of my nieces and my oldest nephew's wife for a 10 day visit. I will have enough visitors to make up for the first four months of the year when I will be on my own. I cannot wait for all of the people who will be coming to see me in 2014.

Let me take this last opportunity again to thank all of those who donated money to Promise Home and those who gave other items as well. Thank you as well to those who have sent well wishes and positive thoughts my way during the past three months, Your kindness and support are overwhelming.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to all of you. May you have a wonderful day wherever you are and whoever you are with. 

Happy New Year! May 2014 bring you peace, love, joy and all the rewards you richly deserve. 

Until next time…….

God Bless,

Heather

Happy Holidays from our family to yours! 

Happy Holidays! 

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to all of you too!!! The children are so blessed to have you in their lives as I know you are blessed to have them in yours. 2014 will be another amazing year for you and them. You are all in my thoughts and prayers often. Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and so many more blessings for 2014, I know it will be a rough day when all of the kiddos head back to their villages for a few days, but keep smiling the time will fly by. I am so proud of the work you have taken on and wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Christmas to you all, and a New Year of richest blessings!

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...