Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving





We have settled into a regular routine here at Promise Home and our days pass uneventfully. My one girl has recovered from her urinary tract infection. As I continued to make her take the prescribed antibiotics, she would look at me each time I handed her a pill and then point to her stomach area. While pointing, she gave me the universal sign for okay to indicate to me that she was feeling better. She did and does not like to take pills and that is why she continued to question me as to why she needed to take them when she was feeling better. I explained as best I could that she needed to take all of the one pill and we then began a count down to mark the days until the very last pill. To say she was excited on that day is an understatement. All is well and she is back to her normal self.

Monday night we were lucky enough to have some visitors from Boulder and then Australia come to spend some time with us at the home. The couple from Boulder and their two children are on a 10 month vacation, traveling all over. They spent a couple of days here in Chiang Rai and then came for a visit. They met the couple from Australia at their hotel through their children. Soon after meeting, they started doing many activities together.

We spent some time just talking about the world and letting the children play with each other and then enjoyed a marvelous meal that Mauruethai prepared for us. She planned and cooked everything with the assistance of the girls here at the home. When I went in to help, I was sent packing as I often am. I really have to stand my ground with Ms. Mauruethai if I want to help in any way. She is such a wonderful young lady and she really takes wonderful care of the children, Max and me. She is a dear..

After dinner we enjoyed some songs that my kids sang for our visitors and then they sang some for us. It was a delightful evening and I look forward to many other visitors to the home. It is always nice to meet other travelers and let the children get to know people from all over the world.

Playing with Legos

Playing a matching game

Singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star


Enjoying a wonderful dinner 










Although we will not be celebrating the traditional Thanksgiving here at the home, we can still give thanks for all the blessings we have received over the past few months. The home would not be possible without the monetary donations of so many of you and your overwhelming love and support that we feel everyday. We are truly thankful for all of you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM MY FAMILY TO YOU AND YOURS. 


















Until next time...

God Bless,

Heather


4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you my dear friend. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for continuing to share your new life with all of us. God bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete

5 Year Anniversary and Still Going Strong!!!

Good morning~ I woke up this morning and realized that five years ago today, I began the first leg of a journey that would forever change ...